Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chocolate Vodka

Where are my manners?  I tempt you with such delicacies as chocolate vodka but dont deliver? - shame on me.  I used a bottle of vodka and two bars of chocolate one dark, one milk.  This is what I think would taste better but havent tried so cant confirm.  I reckon that the recipe was a little bitter and that using just milk chocolate would've been a better idea not just that but I think that the sweetness of a light rum would have rounded that note out perfectly - course if you're feeling fancy you could just make chocolate vodka using chilli infused vodka and dark chocolate.

Water makes chocolate seize and this is kinda true for this too.  Be patient it's worth it in the end.  Add a little vodka to cooled melted chocolate stir, add a bit more - stir, repeat until both are well mixed (I used a spatula at first then a whisk).  Make life easy on yourself and pour using a funnel or jug back into the Vodka bottle.  Put the lid back on and shake for all your worth.  Then chill in the fridge - it should be good for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment